Thanks to some residual abdominal fat and an old wive's tale of 2nd and subsequent pregnancies showing earlier...I am most definitely unable to suck my stomach in anymore. I don't have a rounded, firm baby bump but I'm having to choose wisely with the clothes I select for situations where people do not know I am pregnant. I think, actually, I just look like I've been wolfing down Ben & Jerry's. Hopefully it won't be long before I'm showing in a more pregnancy-appropriate fashion.
Well, I'm really hoping the time is drawing near when I will be letting work know of my situation. More important that the big reveal at the workplace, however, is the telling of Amelia. We didn't want to tell her too soon for two pretty obvious reasons. 1)We want to make sure everything looks ok in the ultrasound next week 2)however many months that will be left after we tell her will certainly seem like an eternity to her, with her preschool time sensibilities. Lately though I notice that she is kind of rough when we play around, etc and I am really wanting to let her know so we can have the talk about how "we need to be more gentle with Mommy because..."
Amelia has a preference for a sibling to be a female. I think this is only normal at her age, she wants playmates who mirror her right now, people she can identify with in ways she understands. I'm good with that. I hope that she is able to move beyond her current distaste for all things little boy, if that ends up being the gender of the wee bebe. I'm not worried that she will never warm up to the idea, after all she really really really likes the cartoon Max & Ruby, where the bossy older sister Ruby has a little brother named Max. I, selfishly, just don't want to have to deal with incessant whining or crying about how "IT HAS TO BE A SISTER!!". (we've had theoretical discussions about this before, and that is her immediate response). Aside from this dilemma-I'm still really excited to tell Amelia, and I think she will be an excellent big sister ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations...again! On the pregnancy and the blog. Can't wait to tune in and see how things go!
Congrats! Logan was younger than Amelia when I had Sophia, but he really ended up not caring for the most part. He suddenly took an interest when she was actually born...We did, of course, find out the sex early so we could say "he" or "she" appropriately and prep him for the little sis that was coming.
Well, hopefully things go Amelia's way, whatever choices she makes when the time comes. Nick instructed me as I was walking out the door to deliver Michael "don't come back without a brother, or I will call It PorkChop."
Congrats, MB and Joe!!! From CCCAA to mother of two; I couldn't be happier or prouder. Love and hugs, Sharon
Post a Comment